HAVE A COOL PROJECT? YOU COULD BE AWARDED $500 - $1500 in funding!
The purpose of the VIPIRG Grants Program is to support action-based projects at the University of Victoria and in the greater Victoria community. VIPIRG offers students, collectives and community members support through small and large community grants as well as workshop/conference grants for UVic students.
VIPIRG is based in the University of Victoria, as such UVic students are prioritized in our funding process.
Grant applications are reviewed once a year. The next grants deadline is January 31 at midnight.
Funding to attend conferences and workshops are reviewed on a rolling basis. Average processing time is 4 weeks.
Please note applicants are only eligible for any form of VIPIRG funding once each fiscal year (September to August).
Priority is given to:
- University of Victoria students
- Groups that engage with the University of Victoria campus
- Groups and projects in Victoria
- Groups working on the following issues: sustainability, student engagement, poverty, harm reduction, and strengthening relationships with local indigenous nations.
- Groups working within their own communities
- Groups that demonstrate accessibility and long-term vision
How to submit
Please review our grant guidelines (PDF) before applying . If you’d rather attend an in-person grant interview instead of filling out the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule one.
We have three funding categories:
- Small grants ($500)
- Large grants ($1500)
- Conference & Workshops ($150)
Questions? Email email@example.com.